Aircraft Component Overhauler Position:
This is an ENTRY LEVEL/APPRENTICE position - The position does NOT initially require any certifications. We will train you and help you get FAA Repairman certification that will allow you to sign off on your work.
We are looking for a "mechanically minded" person that is teachable and willing to work.
This Job is for our Bemidji, Minnesota location only
Example of Daily Duties:
- Disassemble aircraft components
- Clean, strip paint and otherwise prepare components as needed for inspection
- Perform needed inspections on component parts:
- Dimensional (measure for wear)
- Non Destructive Tests to detect cracks and other irregularities
- Visual inspection
- Install new parts in subassemblies as needed
- Restore/Reapply coatings as needed (paint, plating, powdercoating, etc)
- Reassemble Parts/components as needed
- Fill out Repair Station and other paperwork as needed
- Keep work area neat and clean
Types of Components we Overhaul (Example List):
- Landing Gear
- Drag Braces
- Tire/Wheel/Brake Assemblies
- Aircraft Engines
OTHER GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
2. Able to use tools and equipment associated with the aircraft maintenance processes.
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
4. Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification - no beard guys!
5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 75 pounds and work a 9am-6pm shift weekdays in Bemidji.
6. Must be computer literate
7. Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
8. Must have a valid driver's license
9. This position does NOT initially require FAA Certification - you will be under the supervision of people who will inspect your work and sign off on it based upon their certification(s)
10. Must pass a pre-employment drug test to begin work and you will be in an FAA/DOT approved random drug screening pool which will require intermittent random drug and alcohol tests.
Expected compensation package:
- Entry Level Pay: $13.00/hr (negotiable)
- Initial 60 day full time evaluation period - to determine your suitability for the Job.
- Post-evaluation period, the Job would become a full time position with benefits
- Group Health Coverage Provided (High deductable HSA plan) plus life insurance
- Paid Time Off available after 1st year, six paid holidays
- Retirement Plan (ESOP)
- 401K available, Dental Available, AFLAC available
Send resume to email@example.com